FOUR STAR HOTEL IN THE HEART OF IRELAND
Hodson Bay Hotel is located 1 hour from Dublin Airport and just 5 minutes from Athlone Town Centre, the retail hub of the Midlands. Located on the shores of Lough Ree, Ireland’s 2nd largest lake, the resort is surrounded by Athlone Golf Course and is a prime location for fishing and scenic walks, with lake cruises departing daily from our doorstep. This is the perfect base to explore Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands!
Best Features & Benefits for US Visitors
- Free Wifi
- Complimentary access to the leisure club
- Free Parking
- Room Service
- Group Dining
- An Award-Winning Restaurant
- SPA on-site
- An Award-Winning Kids Club
- Fitness Centre
- 20-Metre Deck Swimming Pool
- Traditional Irish Bar
- Superb Location
- Situated in Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands
- Yew Point
Things to Do Near Us
- Experience the natural beauty at Yew Point, Lough Boora, and Lough Ree Adventure Park.
- Enjoy a Viking boat trip along the banks of the river Shannon on your way to Clonmacnoise.
- Why not dive headfirst into a whiskey tour in Athlone?
- You’ll be staying in the heart of Ireland, so no matter where you want to go, you’ll be no more than four hours away!
Hear What Our US Guest Have to Say!
Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands
Experience Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands, a beautifully unspoiled part of Ireland where life moves at its own pace. Listen to the ebb and flow of trickling streams, kayak across wonderful waterways and explore magical forest treks and trails. Meander across expansive boglands, majestic mountains and open valleys. Visit the riverside towns and villages dotted throughout this enchanting region.
Make sure to stop and soak up the peaceful atmosphere – there’s nowhere quite like it.
Come and see for yourself!
Make An Enquiry
Useful Information for US Visitors
You can hire a car at all airports
Irish people drive on the left-hand side of the road
Ireland uses the metric system of measurement, meaning all road speed limits are in kilometres.
Plugs in Ireland are type G, meaning they’re three pinned in a triangular formation like in the UK.
Make sure that your mobile roaming provider’s pricing is affordable before travelling because these charges can be high.
Yes! Bring a rain jacket.
Visa, Revolut, and Mastercard are accepted almost everywhere, but American Express may not be.
The Republic of Ireland uses the euro, while Northern Ireland uses the British pound.